Fax

I have yet another entry for the No Doubt Everyone But Me Already Knew This file. (That file is getting quite large.) A handful of times since getting a PowerBook, I've thought to myself, "It would be neat to be able to fax something directly from this machine. Maybe I should look at getting a fax modem." Now, anyone with a PowerBook would know that there's a female RJ11 socket on one side of the machine (that is, a place to stick in a phone line). It even has a little telephone handset icon next to it. I've seen it before, though I can't remember what I thought it was for. Of course, what it's actually for is plugging in a phone line so that the internal fax modem can send faxes. I discovered this two days ago, thanks to Jamie Zawinski, who apparently discovered it himself last week.

Comments

Popular Posts