iPod touch as PDA: milestone

This will be of little interest to anyone, other than as a signal that my iPod touch-as-PDA experiment is really working out: I've actually deleted almost all of the music I had been carrying on my iPod touch because I was running out of space for more important things. That is, I no longer really consider it an iPod, or, at least, I don't consider music storage to be its primary function. My entire music collection has nudged over 22G, and with a mere 32G available on the iPod touch, I had been finding it a squeeze to allocate the remaining 10G as I wanted. I have almost 50 applications installed now (many of which are frivolous, but some of which are essential). Between those and my new-found addiction to downloading television episodes from the iTunes Store (just finished season two of The Wire), something had to give. It was the music. The iPod touch is less like a music player and more like a hand-held computer for me.

Comments

  1. I've heard it said by several people say that they don't really consider the iPhone a phone. Rather, it's a small tablet computer/PDA that happens to ship with a decent phone program. The killer app is the App Store, followed closely by Safari.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts